- Open a command window (Click Start; Type command and press enter)
- Right click the title bar and select "Run as Administrator"
- Type net stop spooler and press enter.
- Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q and press enter.
- Type net start spooler and press enter.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Remove items from print spool/queue in Windows 7
I've recently had some trouble deleting/removing a print job/item from the printer spool/queue on Windows 7. The print job just wouldn't delete despite rebooting and instructing Windows to delete it many times. After a bit of googling I found a solution: